Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What was missing from Steve Jobs' iPad presentation

While watching Steve Jobs' presentation today I noticed that one slide is missing something.
Where's Al Gore? From the 2007 Keynote that debuted the iPhone:
"Now let me show you visual voicemail, this is a collaboration which I'll talk more about later. It allows us to have random-access voicemail. Oh, there's a voicemail by Al Gore."
Poor Al. Steve and Scott deleted him from their iPad contacts. So he sits and waits, longing for the phone call that will never come again.

9 comments:

Lou Minatti said...

Regarding the iPad, my initial impression is this: Underwhelmed.

Casey Serin: Homosexual Con Artist said...

I'm overwhelmed.

I'm *always* overwhelmed. :-p

This Blog Is Not Here said...

I'm so totally underwhelmed. It's just an iTouch that is big. I know Apple loves closed products but what the heck?! You can't load software on it except from the store? Jeez.

Dan from Madison said...

This blog - actually it is an iPhone that is big, without the phone.

Lou Minatti said...

They went way overboard during the presentation, gushing about what an incredible thing the iPad is. WAY overboard. And I am an Apple fanboi.

jgriff said...

I'm not an Apple fan boy but I like it. I already use a Tablet PC for surfing around the house. I paid $1200 for it and it's only used for surfing. Now I can get a lighter device for half the price. The only thing that worries me is the lack of flash support. That could seriously limit its usefulness.

Anonymous said...

The Iphone was something I could see buying...but this? Maybe it will have apps that blow me away, but first impression is that I'll keep my money.

Rob Dawg said...

iPad. Mrs. Dawg's first comment was "Cripes, didn't they have any women involved in naming that thing? Will the upgraded model be called MaxiPad?"

Predictions: When shipped 32/64/128Gb for the same prices. Massive educational ties-ins will be announced soon. There will be a storage option.

Ed said...

Look at Al's phone in the background. Pretty low-tech for the "Internet guy," ain't it?